Current Residents

Assignments | Move-In


I have differing abilities or special needs. How do I let Housing know about this?
The Department of Housing and Residence Life works in coordination with the Disability Services Office to provide accommodations to any resident with differing abilities or special needs. Different abilities information...

How do I know if my application is complete?
You can log into the Online Housing Assignment System to access this information.

How do I know if I have been assigned?
You can log into the Online Housing Assignment System to access this information.

How do I determine my room assignment?
Are you confused by the letters and numbers that comprise your housing assignment? If so, decoding your room assignment information should help! After reviewing the information, please contact us if you still have questions.

How do I view my assignment and roommates?
You can log into the Online Housing Assignment System to access this information.

How can I tell if I've been assigned to a tower, suite or apartment?
Here is a sample of how to decode your assignment.

How do I cancel my housing application/contract?
To cancel residential services, you must submit the Cancellation Form. Cancellation procedure...

Can I change my assignment?

How do I appeal a housing/dining charge?
To submit an appeal to the Committee, write a letter that provides complete information, including copies of any documentation to support your statements. Housing appeals...


How can I find out information about Move-in and appointment times?
We have an entire Move-in section designed to provide answers for you!

What should I bring to campus when I move-in?
This is a list of some items that residents have found helpful to bring. Be sure to read this section regarding approved appliances. READ MOREā€¦

What can I do to my room to personalize it?
We encourage our residents to make their living spaces their own. This is where you will most likely sleep, eat, study, and play during the coming months! To help you determine what is, as well as, what is not allowed in our Residence Halls, we have compiled this list. READ MORE...

What is the smoking policy in the Residence Halls?
All areas in UNC Charlotte's residential facilities are designated smoke free spaces. This includes all areas within highrise rooms, suites, and apartments as well as public areas, such as lobbies, stairwells, fire escapes, elevators, bathrooms, laundry rooms, hallways, and floor and building lounges. All persons at the University share the responsibility of adhering to and enforcing the smoking policy. READ MORE...

What utilities am I responsible for in the Residence Halls?
When you live on campus you do not have to worry about any utility bills! Everything is included in your housing bill. You receive local telephone service, electricity, water, Internet, and cable services. READ MORE...

What size is the mattress on the bed in my room?
Most of our mattresses are 80 inches long. When you purchase your sheets, check the packaging to find the length of the fitted sheet. Greek Village has double mattresses. Visit our Linens website for more information. Mattress pads are not provided for beds during the regular academic school year. You may consider purchasing your own pad since they can be helpful in preventing stain damage to the mattresses. Staining can result in a damage charge being applied to the student's account on check-out.