Locked out and need to know what to do?
If you are locked out of your room, a temporary key/card (called a loan key) may be issued according to the following directions:
1. Go to the Loan Key Desk appropriate to your building:
- If you live in Holshouser, Hunt, Laurel or Scott, check out a loan key at the Hunt Hall loan key desk: 704-687-5399
- If you live in Elm, Greek Village, Hawthorn, Maple, Martin, Oak or Pine, check out a loan key at the Martin Hall loan key desk: 704-687-6131.
- If you live in Belk, Lynch, Miltimore, Wallis or Witherspoon, check out a loan key at the Belk Hall loan key desk: 704-687-5576.
- If you live in Moore, Sanford or Levine, check out a loan key at the Levine Hall loan key desk: 704-687-5461.
2. To check out a key/card, you must be able to present a valid photo ID or answer security questions.
3. Use the key/card to gain entry to your room. From 8 am to 5 pm, you have four hours to return your loan key. From 5 pm until 8 am you have until 9 am to return your loan key. Keys not returned within the designated time will be charged for a lock change.
4. When you return the key/card, you must present a valid picture ID and show your permanent key/card. The $5 loan key charge will automatically be posted to your student account.
- These desks are open 24 hours a day. However, from time to time, the staff working the desk must leave the desk area to accomplish work related tasks. If the desk staff member is not available when you return the loan key/card, please wait at the desk for his/her return.
- During winter break and transitional times between terms, please follow the posted signs to request room access.