UNC Charlotte offers safe, affordable housing on a traditional university campus for college students with internships in the Charlotte area. Intern Housing is for students enrolled at a college or university and working full-time in an internship or job in the Charlotte area. UNC Charlotte is located in northeast Charlotte, conveniently located off North Tryon, I-85 and I-485. Our campus is less than 10 miles and approximately 20-30 minutes from Center City (Uptown).
Summer 2017 Intern Housing will be located in Wallis Hall. Interns will be housed in single-gender apartments with 3-4 interns per unit. Below is a layout of a Wallis Hall 4-person apartment. Apartment bedrooms come furnished with a twin sized bed, desk, desk chair, 2-drawer dresser, and closet. The apartment comes with two toilets, two sinks and 1 shower, couch, TV stand, table and 4-chairs, full sized refrigerator, stove/oven combo.
Intern Housing Details
- To reserve a space in Intern Housing, applicants must submit the online application and pay the $150 deposit. The deposit will be credited to the intern’s account upon arrival to campus.
- The rate for Intern Housing is $27.25 per contracted night. (UNC Charlotte departments paying for your interns’ housing, please contact Jennifer Hamblin directly for special rates).
- Interns are contracted for and pay for the specific nights that fit the needs of their summer obligations. However, Intern Housing is only available between May 21 and August 5, 2017.
- Interns will receive an invoice prior to and at check-in. All payment must be received by no later than July 1, 2017. Failure to pay could result in removal from Intern Housing, as well as notification to your internship location and/or host institution.
There is not a deadline for Intern Housing applications, however intern housing does fill to capacity. Interns are encouraged to apply before April 1. Assignments are made based on date of completed application and space availability. An Intern Housing application is not considered complete until the application and deposit are both received.
- The University of North Carolina at Charlotte
- Parking Services
- Fitness Center
- Dining Services
- City of Charlotte/Mecklenburg County
- Charlotte Chamber of Commerce
- Charlotte Area Transit System (CATS) UNC Charlotte is serviced by the #11 and #29 routes
- Charlotte Observer Newspaper