The University of North Carolina at Charlotte offers safe, affordable housing on a traditional university campus for college students with internships in the Charlotte area. Intern Housing is for students enrolled at a college or university and working full-time in an internship or job in the Charlotte area. UNC Charlotte is located in northeast Charlotte, conveniently located off North Tryon, I-85 and I-485. Our campus is less than 10 miles and approximately 20-30 minutes from center city (uptown).
Frequently Asked Questions
Parking Permit Application
- Single-gender apartments (3-4 interns per apartment)
- Four private bedrooms
- Twin-sized bed
- Desk with chair
- 3-drawer dresser
- Full kitchen
- 2 Kitchen bar stools
- Living room
- 2 Bathrooms
- Laundry is available in each apartment at no additional cost
Intern Housing Details
- To reserve a space in Intern Housing, applicants must submit the online application and pay the $150 deposit. The deposit will be credited to the intern’s account upon arrival to campus.
- The rate for Intern Housing is $22/contracted night or $20/night if interning at UNC Charlotte or at a non-profit organization.
- Interns contract for and pay for the specific nights that fit the needs of their summer obligations. However, Intern Housing is only available between May 17 and August 8, 2015.
- Interns will receive an invoice at check-in. All payment must be received prior to checking out. Failure to pay could result in removal from Intern Housing, as well as notification to your internship location and/or host institution.
There is not a deadline for Intern Housing applications, however intern housing does fill to capacity. Interns are encouraged to apply before March 15. Assignments are made based on date of application and space availability. An Intern Housing application is considered complete when the application and deposit are both received.