UNC Charlotte offers safe, affordable housing on a traditional university campus for college students with internships or co-ops in the Charlotte area. UNC Charlotte is located in northeast Charlotte, conveniently located off North Tryon, I-85 and I-485. Our campus is less than 10 miles and approximately 20-30 minutes from Center City (Uptown) by car, and is directly connected to Center City by the Lynx Light rail Blue Line Extension
Summer 2020 Intern Housing will be located in Wallis Hall. Interns will have the option to be housed in single-gender, 4-person / 4-bedroom apartments or 2-person / 2-bedroom suites.
- Wallis Hall offers both suite and apartment style living options. All bedrooms have an adjustable height, 80" twin-XL bed, closet, desk/desk chair, and a 2-drawer dresser. Living rooms are included in suites and apartments and come furnished with a sofa and TV stand. Private kitchens are available in apartments only.
- Community kitchens and free laundry facilities are available on the 2nd - 4th floors. Vending machines are available on the 1st floor. Wallis Hall also has study lounges and game rooms throughout the building, not to mention a great courtyard!
Intern Housing Details
- To reserve a space in Intern Housing, applicants must submit the online application and pay the $250 non-refundable deposit. The deposit will be credited to the intern’s account upon arrival to campus.
- The rate for a 4-person / 4-bedroom Apartment is $29.50 per contracted night. The rate for a 2-person / 2-bedroom Suite is $27.50 per contracted night. (Students interning on UNC Charlotte’s campus or UNC Charlotte departments paying for their interns’ housing, please contact email@example.com directly for special rates).
- Intern Housing is available between Sunday, May 17, 2020 through Saturday, August 1, 2020, with limited availability to stay until August 8, 2020.
- Interns will receive an invoice prior to check-in as well as updates throughout their stay. All payment must be received by your checkout date or July 15, 2020, whichever comes first. Failure to pay could result in removal from Intern Housing, as well as notification to your internship location and/or host institution.
- Contract for Residential Services
Applications for intern housing will not be accepted after May 1.