UNC Charlotte offers safe, affordable housing on a traditional university campus for college students with internships or co-ops in the Charlotte area. UNC Charlotte is located in northeast Charlotte, conveniently located off North Tryon, I-85 and I-485. Our campus is less than 10 miles and approximately 20-30 minutes from Center City (Uptown) by car, and is directly connected to Center City by the Lynx Light rail Blue Line Extension.
- Pine and Elm Halls offer apartment style living. All bedrooms have an adjustable height, 80" twin-XL bed, closet, desk/desk chair, and a 3-drawer dresser,
- Each unit has a living room with a sofa and TV stand and kitchens with a microwave, stove/oven and full-sized refrigerator, and washer/dryer.
- Each unit has a commode area, two sinks and a shower area.
- Interns staying in Pine/Elm Halls will need to provide their own cookware, cooking utensils, TV, bedding and toiletries.
Intern Housing Details
- To reserve a space in Intern Housing, applicants must submit the online application.
- The rate for a 4-person / 4-bedroom Apartment is $29.50 per contracted night. (Students interning on UNC Charlotte’s campus or UNC Charlotte departments paying for their interns’ housing, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org directly for special rates).
- Intern Housing is available between Sunday, May 23, 2021 through Saturday, July 31, 2021. (No housing is available past July 31 due to Covid-19 restrictions and preparation for the Fall 2021 academic year.)
- Interns will receive an invoice prior to check-in as well as updates throughout their stay. All payment must be received by your checkout date or July 15, 2021, whichever comes first. Failure to pay could result in removal from Intern Housing, as well as notification to your internship location and/or host institution.
Applications for intern housing will not be accepted after May 1.