IMPORTANT NOTE: Due to existing COVID-19 constraints, only students who received exemptions to remain on campus until May 8, 2020 and those given special authorization by the University will be eligible to reside on campus this summer. Of those eligible to live on campus, they must be registered for summer classes at UNC Charlotte or were enrolled at UNC Charlotte in the Spring 2020 semester and are registered for class in the Fall 2020 semester.
Summer (First Half Term)
- Check-in: May 17 (9:00 am – 5:00 pm)
- Check-out: June 25 (12:00 pm)
Summer (Second Half Term)
- Check-in: June 28 (1:00 pm – 5:00 pm)
- Check-out: August 6 (12:00 pm)*
*Residents with a Fall 2020-Spring 2021 Housing Contract will remain in their summer assignment until August 19.
Every effort is made to honor roommate requests if a roommate group has been created and if such requests are possible within existing COVID-19 guidelines.
All Miltimore residents with Summer First Half Term will be automatically reassigned to their existing spaces, unless COVID-19 guidelines prohibit such placements.
Summer Housing Rates
The rates below are per term and are all-inclusive (rent, laundry allowance, utility charges, cable TV connection, Internet and Resident Students Association fee). Rates do not include meal plans.
4-bedroom/4-person apartment: $1085 (per term)
All suites: $1045 (per term)
You must check in by 5:00 pm on May 17, 2020 for Summer First Half Term or June 28, 2020 for Summer Second Half Term to avoid cancellation of your housing contract and pro-rated housing charges. If you are unable to arrive by this time, please notify Housing and Residence Life in writing or via email. Include your name, student identification number, summer room assignment (if you know it), the date and time of your expected arrival and a phone number so we can contact you. This will enable us to make other check-in arrangements.
If you decide you don’t need campus housing during the summer, you must cancel your summer school housing application by submitting an online cancellation form.
Visit our Cancellation page to review the deadlines applicable to summer 2020 housing.
Summer Occupancy and Transitions
The Summer Contract for Residential Services has the following occupancy periods: May 17, 2020 - June 25, 2020 (Summer First Half Term) and June 28, 2020 - August 6, 2020 (Summer Second Half Term). Spring 2020 residents may be granted approval to move into or remain in University summer housing before and beyond the period of occupancy outlined above. This extended occupancy authorization is to enable current residents to smoothly make housing transitions between the full academic semesters and the summer term(s). If approved for extended occupancy beyond the dates outlined above, the student agrees that all other terms and conditions of the Summer Contract for Residential Services apply throughout the duration of the extended occupancy.
- If you are residing in campus housing at the end of the spring semester, you will also be provided housing May 8 - May 17 as part of your Summer First Half Term contract. Due to end-of-spring cleaning and maintenance, temporary housing in Sanford Hall (or in your Spring 2020 campus residence) may be necessary between May 8 and May 17, at which time you can move to your summer assignment. Where you will be able to stay during the interim period depends on where you live for the spring semester and how that building is affected by cleaning, maintenance and conference housing schedules.
- If you are not a resident at the end of the spring semester, summer housing will not include the period between the end of spring semester and the beginning of the first summer term. Your check-in date will be Sunday, May 17, 2020 from 9:00 am – 5:00 pm.
- If you are residing in campus housing at the end of Summer Second Half Term and have a Fall 2020 housing assignment, you will be provided housing from August 19 – August 31. Temporary housing may also be necessary for some people, depending on their Fall 2020 housing assignment, during the period between August 19 and August 31. Specific information will be sent when cleaning and maintenance schedules are established.
- All Summer (Second Half Term) residents must move out of campus housing no later than August 6 at 12:00 pm unless you are living on campus for Fall 2020-Spring 2021.
- If you are requesting summer housing for both Summer First Half Term and Summer Second Half Term, you may remain in your space between the terms (June 25 through June 28, 2020).
Spring Residents Transitioning to Summer First Half Term Housing
If you currently live in Miltimore Hall and HAVE been assigned to the same space for summer housing:
- You are required to take certain cleaning preparations within your unit in order to remain in your space between the end of spring semester and the beginning of summer housing.
- Housekeeping staff will enter your unit to clean common spaces and unoccupied bedrooms in your unit. Please bring personal items into your personal bedroom during this time. A separate email will be sent to let you know when Housekeeping will be entering the unit to clean.
If you currently live in Belk, Elm, Greek Village, Hawthorn, Lynch, Martin, Oak, Pine, Wallis or Witherspoon Halls:
- Stay in your spring assignment until Summer Housing check-in on Sunday, May 17 between 9:00 am and 5:00 pm.
- Completely move out and check out of your spring assignment by 5:00 pm on Sunday, May 17.
Summer Second Half Term Residents Transitioning to Fall Housing
Many Summer Second Half Term residents who are assigned to campus housing for the Fall 2020 semester will be able to move directly from their summer space to their fall assignment. In some cases, fall assignments may not yet be available because of cleaning schedules. Students whose Fall 2020 assignments are not ready by August 19 will be given information regarding a new checkout date/time or instructions regarding temporary housing.
To help maintain appropriate social distancing due to COVID-19, Summer Second Half Term residents with Fall 2020 assignments will be able to sign up for a key pick-up time to move into their Fall 2020 assignment on August 19, 2020 between 9:00 am-3:00 pm. Instructions regarding how to sign up will be sent out via email.
All Summer Second Half Term residents must be completely moved out of their summer assignments by 12:00 pm on Wednesday, August 19, 2020.