- Check-in: May 21 (9:00 AM – 5:00 PM)
- Check-out: June 29 (12:00 PM)
- Check-in: July 2 (1:00 PM – 5:00 PM)
- Check-out: August 11 (12:00 PM)
UNC Charlotte students can apply for Summer Housing beginning March 15 by logging in to the housing system using their NinerNET credentials. A separate application must be submitted for each term, along with a $50 deposit per term.
UNC Charlotte students who are enrolled in summer school classes or students who are pre-registered for Fall 2017 classes and currently enrolled for the Spring 2017 semester are eligible to live in Summer Housing. Incoming freshmen for Fall 2017 who are not enrolled in summer school classes are not eligible to live in Summer Housing.
Students enrolled in summer classes should complete the application that coincides with the term they are taking classes. Students taking classes during both terms, or those who need to live on campus continuously from the end of spring semester to the beginning of fall semester, need to complete both housing applications.
Every effort is made to honor roommate requests if: all roommates submit a housing application at least three weeks prior to the applicable check-in date; all requests are mutual; and if space is available.
Students can log into the housing system using their NinerNET credentials to check their summer housing assignment. If you apply late and have not received your assignment, you can stop by the Housing and Residence Life Office to get your assignment. If space is available, students will be assigned once they submit a housing application and $50 deposit for the requested term.
Summer Housing Rates
The rates below are per term and are all-inclusive (rent, utility charges, cable TV connection, Internet and Resident Students Association fee). Rates do not include meal plans.
Summer residents are not required to purchase meal plans, but may do so if they wish. Block and declining balance meal plan options exist for the summer term. The summer meal plan is a declining balance where the student’s 49er ID card is used like a debit card at any food service facility open on campus.
You must check in by 5:00 PM on Sunday, May 21, 2017 for Summer I or Sunday, July 2, 2017 for Summer II to avoid cancellation of your housing contract and pro-rated housing charges. If you are unable to arrive by this time, please notify Housing and Residence Life in writing or via email. Include your name, student identification number, summer room assignment (if you know it), the date and time of your expected arrival and a phone number so we can contact you. This will enable us to make other check-in arrangements.
Summer Housing Building Amenities
Summer Housing for 2017 will be available in Martin Hall and Greek Village. Apartments are available in Martin Hall. The following houses are open in Greek Village for summer terms: Alpha Delta Pi House; Delta Zeta; Sigma Kappa House; Zeta Tau Alpha House; House I; House 6,House 10 and House 12. Each house has 28 single bedrooms with full-size beds. Check out the amenities and floor plans on Greek Village's page.
If you decide you don’t need campus housing during the summer, you must cancel your summer school housing application by submitting an online cancellation form.
Visit our Cancellation page to review the deadlines applicable to summer 2017 housing.
Summer Occupancy and Transitions
The Summer Contract for Residential Services has the following occupancy periods: May 21, 2017 - June 29, 2017 (Summer I) and July 2, 2017 - August 11, 2017 (Summer II). Spring 2017 residents may be granted approval to move into or remain in University summer housing before and beyond the period of occupancy outlined above. This extended occupancy authorization is to enable current residents to smoothly make housing transitions between the full academic semesters and the summer term(s). If approved for extended occupancy beyond the dates outlined above, the student agrees that all other terms and conditions of the Summer Contract for Residential Services apply throughout the duration of the extended occupancy.
- If you are residing in campus housing at the end of the spring semester, you will also be provided housing May 12 - May 21 as part of your Summer I contract. Due to end-of-spring cleaning and maintenance, temporary housing in Sanford Hall (or in your Spring 2017 campus residence) may be necessary between May 12 and May 21, at which time you can move to your summer assignment. Where you will be able to stay during the interim period depends on where you live for the spring semester and how that building is affected by cleaning, maintenance and conference housing schedules.
- If you are not a resident at the end of the spring semester, summer housing will not include the period between the end of spring semester and the beginning of the first summer term. Your check-in date will be Sunday, May 21, 2017 from 9:00 AM – 5:00 PM.
- If you are residing in campus housing at the end of Summer II and have a Fall 2017 housing assignment, you will be provided housing August 11 - August 18. Temporary housing may also be necessary for some people, depending on their Fall 2017 housing assignment, during the period between August 11 and August 18. Specific information will be sent when cleaning and maintenance schedules are established.
- If you do not have a Fall assignment at the end of Summer II, you must move out of campus housing no later than August 11 at 12:00 PM.
- If you are requesting summer housing for both Summer I and Summer II, you may remain in your space between the terms (June 29 through Jul 2, 2017).
Spring Residents Transitioning to Summer I Housing
Residents living in Martin Hall or Greek Village who are interested in being assigned to their Spring 2017 space should submit their Summer I housing application and pay the $50 deposit by March 31, 2017.
Martin Hall residents living on the 2nd floor will not be able to remain in their current spaces for summer housing as that floor will be used for UTOP housing. Some residents may reside in temporary housing during this time period before summer housing officially opens. Housing staff will notify individual students of their arrangements unless noted below:
If you currently live in Martin Hall, and have been assigned to the same space for summer housing:
- You are required to take certain cleaning preparations within your unit in order to remain in your space between the end of spring semester and the beginning of summer housing.
- Failure to take the necessary cleaning preparation in the unit will result in you being required to move to temporary housing in Sanford Hall on Friday, May 12.
If you currently live in Belk, Hawthorn, Martin or Scott Halls :
- Completely move out and check out of your spring assignment by 12:00 PM. on Friday, May 12.
- Check-in to Sanford Hall for temporary housing (Friday, May12 from 9:00 AM to 12:00 PM).
- Stay in your spring assignment until Summer Housing check-in on Sunday, May 21 between 9:00 AM and 5:00 PM.
- Completely move out and check out of your spring assignment by 5:00 PM on Sunday, May 21.
If you are required to move to temporary housing in Sanford Hall, you will be assigned a single room so you will have plenty of room for your belongings and can avoid having to store them.
Summer II Residents Transitioning to Fall Housing
Many Summer II residents who are assigned to campus housing for the Fall 2017 semester will be able to move directly from their summer space to their fall assignment. In some cases, fall assignments may not yet be available because of cleaning schedules; temporary housing will be provided in Sanford Hall. If you will be living off campus during the fall semester, you must completely move out and check out of your summer assignment by 12:00 PM on Friday, August 11, 2017.