IMPORTANT NOTE: Students eligible to live in summer housing must be registered for summer classes at UNC Charlotte or enrolled at UNC Charlotte in the Spring 2021 semester and pre-registered for class in the Fall 2021 semester.
Summer Housing Terms
Summer (First Half Term)
- Check-in: May 21 & May 22 (9:00 am – 5:00 pm)
- Check-out: June 30 (12:00 pm)
Summer (Second Half Term)
- Check-in: July 1 & July 2 (9:00 am – 5:00 pm)
- Check-out: August 11(12:00 pm)
Every effort is made to honor roommate requests if a roommate group has been created and if such requests are possible.
All Miltimore Hall residents with Summer First Half Term will be automatically reassigned to their existing spaces, unless they are assigned to staff rooms or designated reserved program spaces in some 5th and all 6th floor units of Miltimore. All impacted students will be notified of necessary changes as they are assigned for summer.
Summer Housing Rates
The rates below are per term and are all-inclusive (rent, laundry allowance, utility charges, cable TV connection, Internet and Resident Students Association fee). Rates do not include meal plans.
- 4-bedroom/4-person apartment: $1085 (per term)
- All suites: $1045 (per term)
You must check in by 5:00 pm on May 22, 2021 for Summer First Half Term or July 2, 2021 for Summer Second Half Term to avoid cancellation of your housing contract and pro-rated housing charges. If you are unable to arrive by this time, please notify Housing and Residence Life in writing or via email. Include your name, student identification number, summer room assignment (if you know it), the date and time of your expected arrival and a phone number so we can contact you. This will enable us to make other check-in arrangements.
If you decide you don’t need campus housing during the summer, you must cancel your summer school housing application by submitting an online cancellation form.
Visit our Cancellation webpage to review the deadlines applicable to summer 2021 housing.
Summer Occupancy and Transitions
The Summer Contract for Residential Services has the following occupancy periods: May 21, 2021 - June 30, 2021 (Summer First Half Term) and July 1, 2021 - August 11, 2021 (Summer Second Half Term). Spring 2021 residents may be granted approval to move into or remain in University summer housing before and beyond the period of occupancy outlined above. This extended occupancy authorization is to enable current residents to smoothly make housing transitions between the full academic semesters and the summer term(s). If approved for extended occupancy beyond the dates outlined above, the student agrees that all other terms and conditions of the Summer Contract for Residential Services apply throughout the duration of the extended occupancy.
- If you are residing in campus housing at the end of the spring semester, you will also be provided housing May 14 - May 21 as part of your Summer First Half Term contract.
- If you are not a resident at the end of the spring semester, summer housing will not include the period between the end of spring semester and the beginning of the first summer term. Your check-in date will be Friday, May 21, 2021 or May 22, 2021 from 9:00 am – 5:00 pm.
- If you are residing in campus housing at the end of Summer Second Half Term and have a Fall 2021 housing assignment, you will be provided housing from August 11 – August 16. Temporary housing may also be necessary for some people, depending on their Fall 2021 housing assignment, during the period between August 11 and August 16. Specific information will be sent when cleaning and maintenance schedules are established.
- All Summer (Second Half Term) residents must move out of campus housing no later than August 11 at 12:00pm.
- If you are requesting summer housing for both Summer First Half Term and Summer Second Half Term, you may remain in your space between the terms (June 30 through July 1, 2021).
Spring Residents Transitioning to Summer First Half Term Housing
If you currently live in Miltimore Hall and HAVE been assigned to the same space for summer housing:
- You are required to take certain cleaning preparations within your unit in order to remain in your space between the end of spring semester and the beginning of summer housing.
- Housekeeping staff will enter your unit to clean common spaces and unoccupied bedrooms in your unit. Please bring personal items into your personal bedroom during this time. A separate email will be sent to let you know when Housekeeping will be entering the unit to clean.
If you currently live in ANY Hall other than Miltimore Hall:
- Stay in your spring assignment until Summer Housing check-in on Friday, May 21 or May 22 between 9:00 am and 5:00 pm.
- Completely move out and check out of your spring assignment by 5:00 pm on Saturday, May 22.
Summer Second Half Term Residents Transitioning to Fall Housing
Many Summer Second Half Term residents who are assigned to campus housing for the Fall 2021 semester will be able to move directly from their summer space to their fall assignment. In some cases, fall assignments may not yet be available because of cleaning schedules. Students whose Fall 2021 assignments are not ready by August 11 will be given information regarding a new checkout date/time or instructions regarding temporary housing.
Summer Second Half Term residents with Fall 2021 assignments will be able to sign up for a key pick-up time to move into their Fall 2021. Instructions regarding how to sign up will be sent out via email.
All Summer Second Half Term residents must be completely moved out of their summer assignments by 12:00 pm on Wednesday, August 11, 2021.