Housing and Residence Life is pleased to announce the 2018 Campus Cribs Contest for all current residents of University Housing. Prizes will be awarded in the categories of:
- Best Tower Room
- Best Suite Room
- Best Apartment Room
- Best Greek Village Room
The contest is open September 4 - September 23! ALL participants of the contest will be entered into a drawing for the chance to win an iPad Mini, Niner Spirit Pack or $100 Target gift card, regardless of whether or not they are selected as a finalist or grand prize winner.
Grand prizes in each category will receive a $1,000 Housing Scholarship, applicable to your Spring Housing bill AND priority pre-lottery room selection on campus in the highly competitive 2019-20110 Return to Campus Living campaign that begins in November. All residents listed as participants in the entry form will be eligible to win the prizes listed. (The grand prize will be split between multiple participants listed on the entry form for a single submission).
Finalists will be selected by a panel of Housing and Residence Life employees based on cleanliness, creativity and space utilization. Finalists will be notified of their status on September 26, and will then be required to schedule a professional photo shoot of their space with Housing Marketing staff, October 1-2. This will be no more than a 45-minute time commitment.
Finalists’ professional photos will be posted on the UNC Charlotte Housing and Residence Life Facebook page on October 8, in an album for public voting. Photo LIKES will be tallied and weighted as one of four final judges. Judges will include a representative from RSA and two Housing staff representatives, who will make their final judgment from the professional photos. Facebook voting will end at 11:59 pm on October 14.
Winners will be announced on Friday, October 19, on the Housing and Residence Life website and social media accounts.
- Contest opens September 4
- Submissions due via online entry by September 23
- Finalists will be notified via email on September 26
- Photoshoot with Housing Marketing staff will take place October 1-2, based on your schedule and availability
- Finalists’ photos will be uploaded to Facebook for public voting October 8-14
- Drawing Winner #1 announced via social media on October 16
- Drawing Winner #2 announced via social media on October 17
- Drawing Winner #3 announced via social media on October 18
- Winners Announced on October 19
- Housing staff will email Grand Prize winners with details about claiming the prize on October 19
All current residents of University Housing residence halls are invited to participate in the contest. Residents in single rooms or single bedrooms within suites or apartments may enter individually. However, all residents of multi-occupancy units must agree to enter the contest if submitting for shared spaces.
Only digital images of contest participant rooms will be accepted. No more than five digital photos should be submitted with the online registration form. Submitted photos must be of your own room. All entries must comply with both University and Housing and Residence Life policies. Please review policies listed in the Resident Handbook, before you submit your photos and contest entry. All photographs submitted may be used in future Housing and Residence Life promotional materials.
Residents should not invest money into improving their rooms solely for the purposes of this contest. Entries will not be judged on how expensive rooms appear to be, but on the interesting and creative ways that residents have decided to work with limited means in their spaces.
- Get creative with your photography! Shoot the room/unit from unique angles.
- Include your friends and roommates.
- Send high-quality photos.
- Show your school spirit.
- Be yourself! We want to see your personality come out through your design choices.